Activated Carbon Filter (ACF) is a filtration vessel with the media of steam activated carbon, comprising of a pressure vessel, media, screen nozzles and distributer. It is a process to remove chlorine, foul taste; odor and color by using activated carbon media bed either from grades of bituminous coal or coconut shell and produced into high granular form.
Steam activated and acid washed carbon makes excellent adsorption of oil and impurities from water and industrial process applications.
Delata Vista Company engineered Activated Carbon Filter package is custom design and fully automatic system which ensured to cover all process requirements with compatibility to ASME and EN pipelines. Materials of vessel from carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex or clad are available.
Single package Flow rates 10 to 240 m3/hr is available. For higher flow rates, more packages are employed in parallel. This filtration is used as pre-treatment to RO systems as RO membranes cannot have any trace of chlorine in the feed water.
There are 2 types of Activated Carbon as Bituminous Coal-based and Coconut Shell-based. The coal-based activated carbon is best suited for treating surface water which has high TOC (Total Organic Compounds), water with high color content, waste water treatment and removal of bulky organic compounds from the water. The coconut shell-based is best suited for trace-level organics removal due to higher surface area size. This is also tends to be harder, durable to abrasion and has lower ash content compared to coal-based carbon.
This package comes with Coalescer Filter or IGF or CPI installed upstream. Direct mounted back wash system is necessary to keep the package refreshed. Backwashing with the produced water causes physical disturbance of the media bed. The movement displaces the media bed and releases the filtered oil and fine solids from media.
- Oilfield produced waters, offshore and onshore
- Refinery and Petrochemical wastewaters
- Edible oil factories
- Manufacturing emulsions, Metallurgical workshop wastewater
- Tanker ballast water
- Condensate and Boiler feed water deoiling
- High efficiency of removal of oil, chlorine, foul taste; odor, color
- High filtration flow rate
- No moving part inside package
- No power consumption
- No air, gas or steam sources required
- Minimum required footprint
- Very high resistance to attrition, chemical agents and temperature (up to 120oC)
- Long life of filtration medium
- No chemical addition, thus no change in water mineral content and no sludge
- Negligible water waste (only for backwashing)
- Low maintenance expenses
- Clean and free of environmental pollutions